Human Factors Weekly News
Welcome to the Human Factors Cast Weekly News Roundup, a weekly roundup of all news related to Human Factors, Psychology, Design, and Technology as it relates to humans. These stories are selected as potential topics for Human Factors Cast's weekly podcast. Want this in your RSS/Feed reader? Grab our RSS Feed here.
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. Our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- Patient Safety Incident Response Framework
- Framework for Assessing Potential Safety Impacts of Automated Driving Systems
- Twitter UX nightmare: verification immolation
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- Police Investigating Deadly Accident In Which Tesla Plowed Into Multiple People
- Mid (user) journey: the UX of AI-generated art
- The right to defend our autonomy against automated decision systems
- Lack of computer access linked to poorer mental health in young people during COVID-19 pandemic
- Study analyzing often-overlooked racial/ethnic groups provides a new understanding of pain disparities in the U.S.
- U.S. political partisanship affects first impressions of faces
- Learning science in a hurry
- Political events impact sleep, new research suggests
Have a News Story You Would Like to Share?
Have something you would like to share with us? (Feedback or news) Let us know here!