Human Factors Weekly News
Hey everyone, we're back with another week of Human Factors news!
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. Our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- Navigating a Virtual World Helped Older Adults’ Memory
- When Rudeness Becomes A Matter of Life or Death
- Algorithm exploitation: Humans are keen to exploit benevolent AI
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- Prediction of Vehicle Trajectories at Intersections Using Inverse Reinforcement Learning
- Evaluate Ohio Department of Transportation’s Ability to Decrease Dump Truck Backing Accidents (Phase 2)
- Study shows how taking short breaks may help our brains learn new skills
If you're curious at all as to how we find and sort through this news, join Nick on Twitch for his office hours, every Tuesday from 1:00PM-2:00PM Pacific, 4:00PM-5:00PM Eastern.