Human Factors Weekly News
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. Our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- Coping with complexity in the COVID pandemic: An exploratory study of intensive care units
- Surveys with repetitive questions yield bad data, study finds.
- Virtual Reality Users Keep Suffering Horrible Injuries
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- A virtual reality 'Shopping Task' could help test for cognitive decline in adults
- Learning to enjoy cognitive effort
- New device lets people who are blind "see" in infrared
- A bioelectronic tongue ‘tastes’ sweetness
- The Long Road to Today’s Cochlear Implant
If you're curious at all as to how we find and sort through this news, join Nick on Twitch for his office hours, every Monday from 4:00PM-5:00PM Pacific, 7:00PM-8:00PM Eastern.