Human Factors News Monthly Roundup (March, 2023)
Welcome to the Human Factors Cast Monthly News Roundup, a monthly roundup of all news related to Human Factors, Psychology, Design, and Technology as it relates to humans. These stories have been talked about on Human Factors Cast'sweekly podcast or have been identified in our weekly news roundups. Want this in your RSS/Feed reader? Grab our RSS Feed here.
Consider joining us on Discord or on any of our social media communities (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to continue the conversation with the hosts, and an audience of worldwide Human Factors and UX professionals!
These consist of news stories that we have featured on our weekly podcast. If you are not familiar with the show, we let our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show each week from these types of news stories.
- Podcast Link: E275 - AI-nt No Stoppin' Us Now
- Podcast Link: E276 - Time-Traveling with Augmented Reality
- Podcast Link: E277 - What is the point of user stories?
- Podcast Link: E278 - Work Is Changing. Are You?
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that we have not covered on the show, but are still worthy of sharing!
Aerospace Systems / Aviation
- AI Pilot Crushes Human Dogfight Rival in 90 Seconds
- US airports now have software to prevent aircraft from landing on taxiways by mistake
- Axiom Space reveals next-generation spacesuit for astronauts returning to lunar surface
- Experts Urge Personhood Rights for the "Conscious" AIs of the Future
- Figure Promises First General-Purpose Humanoid Robot
- Meet the AI expert who says we should stop using AI so much
- The cult of AI: why we need to be careful about fanatical language
- Get a Load of This New Job: "Prompt Engineers" Who Act as Psychologists to AI Chatbots
- How Virtual Reality Exposure Therapy Helps Disaster Victims
- Robots can help improve mental wellbeing at work – as long as they look right
- Fixing the Hated Open-Design Office
Perception and Performance
- Human augmentation with robotic body parts is at hand, say scientists
- Research Highlight: Head-Worn Assistive Teleoperation of Mobile Manipulators
Surface Transportation / Travel
- Ford's new AI subsidiary wants to create hands-free, eyes-off driver assist systems
- Why Hyundai decided to keep physical buttons in cars
Usability and System Evaluation
- Does Thinking Aloud Affect Study Metrics?
- Do Images Change Card Sort Results?
- Using AI in UX research: a structured and ethical approach
- Please do not use ChatGPT to generate personas
- The Variability and Reliability of Standardized UX Scales
- ChatGPT meets UX Research: unlocking new frontiers
- User flow evaluations: why heuristic evaluations are old news
Have a News Story You Would Like to Share?
Have something you would like to share with us? (Feedback or news) Let us know here!