Human Factors Weekly News
Welcome to the Human Factors Cast Weekly News Roundup, a weekly roundup of all news related to Human Factors, Psychology, Design, and Technology as it relates to humans. These stories are selected as potential topics for Human Factors Cast's weekly podcast. Want this in your RSS/Feed reader? Grab our RSS Feed here.
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. Our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- Experts Urge Personhood Rights for the "Conscious" AIs of the Future
- Human augmentation with robotic body parts is at hand, say scientists
- Figure Promises First General-Purpose Humanoid Robot
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- Does Thinking Aloud Affect Study Metrics?
- Ford's new AI subsidiary wants to create hands-free, eyes-off driver assist systems
- AI Pilot Crushes Human Dogfight Rival in 90 Seconds
- Get a Load of This New Job: "Prompt Engineers" Who Act as Psychologists to AI Chatbots
If you haven't already, join us on Discord or on any of our social media communities (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok) to continue the conversation about these, and many other topics!
Have a News Story You Would Like to Share?
Have something you would like to share with us? (Feedback or news) Let us know here!
- Photo by Stable Diffusion
- Photo by Tom Stewart
- Photo by Figure