Human Factors Weekly News
Welcome to the Human Factors Cast Weekly News Roundup, a weekly roundup of all news related to Human Factors, Psychology, Design, and Technology as it relates to humans. These stories are selected as potential topics for Human Factors Cast's weekly podcast. Want this in your RSS/Feed reader? Grab our RSS Feed here.
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. Our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- Deep Space Missions Must Recreate Exact Earth-Like Conditions to Survive, Scientists Argue
- Is AI driving us away from designing human-centric experiences?
- New Smart Glasses Tell You What to Say on Dates Using GPT-4
- How road rage really affects your driving – and the self-driving cars of the future
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- Researchers Want You to Walk Around in VR by Acting Like You Really Have to Pee
- ChatGPT cannot do user research
- Mixed Reality Assisted Infrastructure Inspections
If you haven't already, join us on Discord or on any of our social media communities (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok) to continue the conversation about these, and many other topics!
Have a News Story You Would Like to Share?
Have something you would like to share with us? (Feedback or news) Let us know here!
- Photo by T Leish
- Photo by Chiang et al.
- Image by Joshua Wordel