Human Factors Weekly News
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. Our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- Air Taxis Are Safe—According to the Manufacturers
- The Metaverse Could Help Us Better Understand Reality
- Scientists look beyond the individual brain to study the collective mind
- Doctors should rely less on ‘mental shortcuts’ when deciding patient care
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- Passenger safety briefings – are some operators missing the point by undermining the safety message?
- Listening to a Story Helps Hospitalized Kids Heal
- Rediscover trust in cybersecurity
- Blue Origin Unveils Plans for Commercial Space Station Called “Orbital Reef”
- Wheelchair Users Float in Zero G, Blown Away by Experience
- Scientists Built an AI to Give Ethical Advice, But It Turned Out Super Racist
- New Brain Implant Lets Blind Patient See Without Eyes
- A Florida Restaurant Got a Robot Waiter and Tips Spiked
If you're curious at all as to how we find and sort through this news, join Nick on Twitch for his office hours, every Monday from 4:00PM-5:00PM Pacific, 7:00PM-8:00PM Eastern.