Human Factors Weekly News
Welcome to the Human Factors Cast Weekly News Roundup, a weekly roundup of all news related to Human Factors, Psychology, Design, and Technology as it relates to humans. These stories are selected as potential topics for Human Factors Cast's weekly podcast. Want this in your RSS/Feed reader? Grab our RSS Feed here.
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. Our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- Smartphones promise satisfaction and meaning, deliver only more searching, study finds
- Do humans think computers make fair decisions?
- The road to future AI is paved with trust
- How People Rate Pizza, Jobs and Relationships Is Surprisingly Predictive of Their Behavior
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- How AI is helping birth digital humans that look and sound just like us
- Get ready for the next generation of AI
- Poster: Evolution of in-vehicle networks
- How Much People Write Can Reveal Racial Biases
- Collective effort needed to help children thrive following exposure to online risks
- Volvo has developed the world's first interior radar system for cars
- AI is already better at lip reading than we are
- The Most Useful (and Useless) Consumer Robots of the Last Four Decades
- VRAI wants to tackle the energy crisis by bringing VR simulation training to offshore wind sector
- Wisk Aero reveals its market-ready, self-flying air taxi
Have a News Story You Would Like to Share?
Have something you would like to share with us? (Feedback or news) Let us know here!