Human Factors Weekly News
Welcome to the Human Factors Cast Weekly News Roundup, a weekly roundup of all news related to Human Factors, Psychology, Design, and Technology as it relates to humans. These stories are selected as potential topics for Human Factors Cast's weekly podcast. Want this in your RSS/Feed reader? Grab our RSS Feed here.
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. Our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- Moral Injury Is an Invisible Epidemic That Affects Millions
- Experts: 90% of Online Content Will Be AI-Generated by 2026
- Ford drivers could get alerts from nearby pedestrians’ phones
- HP Made a Robot That Prints Blueprints Onto a Construction Site
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- Evaluation of Three SEQ Variants
- A checklist for prioritising web accessibility
- The rise of the TikTok pattern
- AI has a UX problem
- The ups and downs of the UXR job market
- Development of a Small Aircraft Runway Length Analysis Tool
- Gamers can have their cake and eat it too
- A switch telling the brain when to learn and when to remember
- Even smartest AI models don’t match human visual processing
- Program to increase performance and well-being
- This New VR Gadget Looks Like an Actual Torture Device
- Pervasive ‘Dark Patterns’ Are Fooling People Into Signing Up for Services They Don’t Want
Have a News Story You Would Like to Share?
Have something you would like to share with us? (Feedback or news) Let us know here!