Human Factors Weekly News
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. Our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- Law Enforcement, First Responder and Crash Investigation Preparation for Automated Vehicle Technology
- Using flow disruptions to understand healthcare system safety: A systematic review of observational studies
- Do screens really hurt kids? Not much, and they may have some benefits
- Emoji are proposed as a powerful way for patients and doctors to communicate
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- Pandemic tech left out public health experts. Here’s why that needs to change.
- Exosuit That Helps With the Heavy Lifting
- Adolescent Mental Health? There’s a ‘Vaccine’ for That
- A New Way to Understand—and Possibly Treat—OCD
- What the Brain Shows: The Benefits of Virtual Reality in Creative Arts Therapies
If you're curious at all as to how we find and sort through this news, join Nick on Twitch for his office hours, every Monday from 4:00PM-5:00PM Pacific, 7:00PM-8:00PM Eastern.