Human Factors Weekly News
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. Our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- A study on usability and design parameters in face mask: Concept design of UVW face mask for COVID-19 protection
- New Model for Solving Novel Problems Uses Mental Map
- Teenagers aren’t as lonely in lockdown if interacting positively online
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- New Smart Helmet Rapidly Assesses Stroke Patients
- Exclusive: FAA Investigates If It's Safer to Leave Cellphones On
- Does our mind’s eye match real life? New study shows differences in how we perceive images
- NASA Flight Tests of Futuristic ‘Air Taxi’ Are Finally Underway
- The Red Warning Light on Richard Branson’s Space Flight
If you're curious at all as to how we find and sort through this news, join Nick on Twitch for his office hours, every Monday from 4:00PM-5:00PM Pacific, 7:00PM-8:00PM Eastern.
If you haven't already, join us on Slack and Discord or on any of our social media communities (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)!
- Photo by Artem Podrez from Pexels
- Photos by Karolina Grabowska from Pexels