Human Factors Weekly News
Welcome to the Human Factors Cast Weekly News Roundup, a weekly roundup of all news related to Human Factors, Psychology, Design, and Technology as it relates to humans. These stories are selected as potential topics for Human Factors Cast'sweekly podcast. Want this in your RSS/Feed reader? Grab our RSS Feed here.
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. OurPatreonsdecide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- The Metaverse Needs Standards, Too
- A memory prosthesis could restore memory in people with damaged brains
- Changing Perceptions about Harm Can Temper Moral Outrage
- What You Know Changes How You See Things
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- SNAFU: The Air Force Just Survived a Reply-All Apocalypse
- A Taxonomy of Common UX Research Methods
- Wearables take ‘logical’ step toward onboard control
- Astronaut Shows How to Perform CPR in Zero Gravity
- Historian Warns That AI Is Likely to Cause Human Extinction
- GIST Scientists Develop Model that Adjusts Videogame Difficulty Based on Player Emotions
- Robots can be used to assess children’s mental wellbeing, study suggests
- Sharing on Social Media Makes Us Overconfident in Our Knowledge
If you haven't already, join us on Discord or on any of our social media communities (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok) to continue the conversation about these, and many other topics!
Have a News Story You Would Like to Share?
Have something you would like to share with us? (Feedback or news) Let us know here!
- Photo by Michelangelo Buonarroti
- Photo by Pixabay
- Photo by Photography Maghradze PH