Human Factors Weekly News
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. Our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- Green Waves, Machine Learning, and Predictive Analytics: Making Streets Better for People on Bikes
- The Impact of Smartphone Applications on Trip Routing
- A new model for group decision-making shows how 'followers' can influence the outcome
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- Tiny Lasers Could Finally Bring Us Really Smart AR Glasses
- Measuring speed management strategies
- Improving transportation equity
- Turning cameras off during virtual meetings can reduce fatigue
- Unease beyond the uncanny valley: How people react to the same faces
- Science-backed tips for maximizing play time with kids
- New research finds gender differences in fear and risk perception during COVID-19
If you're curious at all as to how we find and sort through this news, join Nick on Twitch for his office hours, every Monday from 4:00PM-5:00PM Pacific, 7:00PM-8:00PM Eastern.