Human Factors Weekly News
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. Our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- Key Mental Abilities Can Actually Improve During Aging
- Parallel and distributed encoding of speech across human auditory cortex
- Elon Musk says Tesla is working on humanoid robots
- Facebook gets VR meetings right with Horizon Workrooms
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- FAA proposes more than $500,000 in new fines against unruly airline passengers
- Think leisure is a waste? That may not bode well for your mental health
- Online Product Displays Can Shape Your Buying Behavior
- Tailoring wearable technology and telehealth in treating Parkinson’s disease
- Emberometer could gauge threat of wildfire-spreading embers
If you're curious at all as to how we find and sort through this news, join Nick on Twitch for his office hours, every Monday from 4:00PM-5:00PM Pacific, 7:00PM-8:00PM Eastern.
If you haven't already, join us on Slack and Discord or on any of our social media communities (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)!
- Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels
- Photo by Tesla
- Photo by Facebook