Human Factors Weekly News
Welcome to the Human Factors Cast Weekly News Roundup, a weekly roundup of all news related to Human Factors, Psychology, Design, and Technology as it relates to humans. These stories are selected as potential topics for Human Factors Cast's weekly podcast. Want this in your RSS/Feed reader? Grab our RSS Feed here.
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. Our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- We may never fully know how video games affect our well-being
- Random Acts of Kindness Make a Bigger Splash Than Expected
- AI Allows Dead Woman to Talk to People Who Showed Up at Her Funeral
- Study Finds That Buttons In Cars Are Safer And Quicker To Use Than Touchscreens
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- Helping older adults stay safe and independent
- ISS spacewalk interrupted by suit malfunction
- Plane failed to descend as pilots reportedly fell asleep during flight
- Online teaching triggers a different response in the body
- Human drivers in UK won’t be liable for accidents when vehicle is self-driving
- The Bionic-Hand Arms Race
- 'PowerWash Simulator' players can now aid mental health research
Have a News Story You Would Like to Share?
Have something you would like to share with us? (Feedback or news) Let us know here!