Human Factors Weekly News
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. Our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- Wireless Soft Scalp Electronics and Virtual Reality System for Motor Imagery-Based Brain–Machine Interfaces
- Gender, personality influence use of interactive tools online
- Youth, the pandemic and a global mental health crisis
- Problems in thinking and attention linked to COVID-19 infection
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- Researchers take step toward next-generation brain-computer interface system
- Millennial Travelers Are More Multimodal than Older Travelers, but This Trend Might Change as They Age
- Assigned classroom seats can promote friendships between dissimilar students, study finds
- Fight-or-flight response is altered in healthy young people who had COVID-19
- How digital beauty filters perpetuate colorism
- US Government Investigating Tesla Autopilot for Crashing Into Emergency Vehicles
- Law Experts Ponder Whether Sex Robots Should Be Legal
- Indian rocket suffers catastrophic failure during launch, Earth-watching satellite lost
If you're curious at all as to how we find and sort through this news, join Nick on Twitch for his office hours, every Monday from 4:00PM-5:00PM Pacific, 7:00PM-8:00PM Eastern.