Human Factors Weekly News
Welcome to the Human Factors Cast Weekly News Roundup, a weekly roundup of all news related to Human Factors, Psychology, Design, and Technology as it relates to humans. These stories are selected as potential topics for Human Factors Cast's weekly podcast. Want this in your RSS/Feed reader? Grab our RSS Feed here.
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. Our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- Emerging Hazards in Commercial Aviation—Report 1: Initial Assessment of Safety Data and Analysis Processes
- Sprint then stop? Brain is wired for the math to make it happen
- Some types of stress could be good for brain functioning
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- Use of Safety Management Systems in Managing Highway Maintenance Worker Safety
- Surgeons Use VR Headsets to Separate Conjoined Twins
- New Research Finds Women Don’t Like to Participate in Competitive Situations when Deciding for Themselves, But When Deciding for Others, They are All In
- A new learning method could help people with autism improve visual perception capabilities
Have a News Story You Would Like to Share?
Have something you would like to share with us? (Feedback or news) Let us know here!