Human Factors Weekly News
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. Our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- VR study finds vertical greenery useful as stress buffer
- Drama llama or sleep deprived? New study uncovers how consistent sleep loss impacts mental and physical well-being
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- Technology that restores the sense of touch in nerves damaged as a result of injury
- Training helps teachers anticipate how students with learning disabilities might solve problems
- Governing commercial space transportation
- A new look at colour displays
- Virgin Galactic and Richard Branson complete first fully crewed spaceflight
- World's deepest pool opens in Dubai, part of huge underwater city
- Virtual learning may help NICU nurses recognize baby pain
- Hand-writing letters shown to be best technique for learning to read
If you're curious at all as to how we find and sort through this news, join Nick on Twitch for his office hours, every Tuesday from 1:00PM-2:00PM Pacific, 4:00PM-5:00PM Eastern.
If you haven't already, join us on Slack and Discord or on any of our social media communities (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)!
- Photo by Francesco Ungaro from Pexels
- Photo by Ron Lach from Pexels
- Photo by Virgin Galactic