Human Factors Weekly News
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. Our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- Four-day week 'an overwhelming success' in Iceland
- What went so wrong with covid in India? Everything.
- An expert on search and rescue robots explains the technologies used in disasters like the Florida condo collapse
- AirCar prototype completes its first inter-city flight
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- First-ever Transient Pacemaker Harmlessly Dissolves in Body
- New face mask prototype can detect Covid-19 infection
- Handheld Device Fights Fatigue by Stimulating Vagus Nerve
- Free Access to Thousands of COVID-19 Research Documents
- New AR System Alters Sight, Sound and Touch
- Exclusive Q&A: Neuralink’s Quest to Beat the Speed of Type
- Researchers Explore How Children Learn Language
- Smart technology is not making us dumber
- The sense of smell in older adults declines when it comes to meat, but not vanilla
- How children integrate information
If you're curious at all as to how we find and sort through this news, join Nick on Twitch for his office hours, every Tuesday from 1:00PM-2:00PM Pacific, 4:00PM-5:00PM Eastern.
If you haven't already, join us on Slack and Discord or on any of our social media communities (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)!
- Photo by fauxels from Pexels
- Photo by Pixabay from Pexels
- Photo by Klein Vision