Human Factors Weekly News
Welcome to the Human Factors Cast Weekly News Roundup, a weekly roundup of all news related to Human Factors, Psychology, Design, and Technology as it relates to humans. These stories are selected as potential topics for Human Factors Cast'sweekly podcast. Want this in your RSS/Feed reader? Grab our RSS Feed here.
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. OurPatreonsdecide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- Wearable arm muscles could help overcome upper body injuries
- NY State is giving out hundreds of robots as companions for the elderly
- Link between recognizing our voice and feeling in control
- The post-Roe data privacy nightmare is way bigger than period tracking apps
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- Google will start removing abortion clinic visits from users’ location history
- Brain-machine interface helped a man with paralysis feed himself using robotic arms
- Cruise robotaxis blocked traffic for hours on this San Francisco street
- We Asked GPT-3 to Write an Academic Paper about Itself—Then We Tried to Get It Published
- ‘Zombie papers’ just won’t die. Retracted papers by notorious fraudster still cited years later
- Dissolving implantable device relieves pain without drugs
- When More Is More: Identifying Cognitive Impairments with Multiple Drawing Tasks
- Exercise-Induced Central Fatigue—Low Oxygen Supply Clouds Judgment
- Astronauts suffer decades of bone loss from months in space, study reveals
If you haven't already, join us on Discord or on any of our social media communities (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok) to continue the conversation about these, and many other topics!
Have a News Story You Would Like to Share?
Have something you would like to share with us? (Feedback or news) Let us know here!