Human Factors Weekly News (05/11/21)
Hey everyone, we're back with another week of Human Factors news!
As always, you'll find two categories of news stories:
- Our Top News Stories - These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast (i.e. there's a lot of application/fun things for us to talk about). If you are not familiar with the podcast, we let our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- Human Factors News - These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
If you're curious at all as to how we find and sort through this news, join Nick on Twitch for his office hours, every Tuesday from 11:00AM-12:00PM Pacific, 2:00PM-3:00PM Eastern.
Our Top News Stories
- TeethTap: Recognizing Discrete Teeth Gestures Using Motion and Acoustic
Sensing on an Earpiece
- Driving habits and patterns of the American public
- Flunking COVID-19 Out of Schools: A Systematic Review of Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions to Minimize Novel Coronavirus-2 in Educational Settings
Human Factors News
- An approach to situation awareness (SA) assessment in flight simulation: SA dynamic circulation (SADC) model
- Diagnostic accuracy of virtual cognitive assessment and testing: Systematic review and meta‐analysis
- A novel distance learning ergonomics checklist and risk evaluation methodology: A case of Covid‐19 pandemic