Human Factors Weekly News (04/27/21)
Hey everyone, we're back with another week of Human Factors news!
As always, you'll find two categories of news stories:
- Our Top News Stories - These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast (i.e. there's a lot of application/fun things for us to talk about). If you are not familiar with the podcast, we let our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- Human Factors News - These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
If you're curious at all as to how we find and sort through this news, join Nick on Twitch for his office hours, every Tuesday from 11:00AM-12:00PM Pacific, 2:00PM-3:00PM Eastern.
Our Top News Stories
- Determining maintenance schedules of bridges
- Brain Signals Can Drive Exoskeleton Parts Better With Therapy
- 10 big takeaways on the state of the internet in 2021
Human Factors News
- Assessing pedestrian crossing facilities
- The influence of algorithms on political and dating decisions
- Augmented Reality in Retail and Its Impact on Sales
- Mental health, physical symptoms and biomarkers of stress during prolonged exposure to Antarctica's extreme environment