Human Factors Weekly News
Welcome to the Human Factors Cast Weekly News Roundup, a weekly roundup of all news related to Human Factors, Psychology, Design, and Technology as it relates to humans. These stories are selected as potential topics for Human Factors Cast's weekly podcast. Want this in your RSS/Feed reader? Grab our RSS Feed here.
We're thinking we need a separate section for paid research articles here in these weekly news roundups. Two great top stories that are certainly worth discussion on the show, but we want to hear from you all, what's your favorite news story this week?
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. Our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- Study Reveals Set of Brain Regions That Control Complex Sequences of Movement
- Humanity’s broken risk perception is reversing global progress in a ‘spiral of self-destruction’, finds new UN report
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- Communicating the Limitations of AI: The Effect of Message Framing and Ownership on Trust in Artificial Intelligence
- Artificially Intelligent, Interactive, and Assistive Machines: A Definitional Framework for Intelligent Assistants
- Understanding Online Consumer Behavior at E-commerce Portals Using Eye-Gaze Tracking
- The Investigation of Mobile Virtual Reality Application Instructional Content in Geography Education: Academic Achievement, Presence, and Student Interaction
- Comparing the Effectiveness of Instructional Video Types: An In-Depth Analysis on Pre-Service Teachers for Online Learning
- Do the Emotions Evoked by Interface Design Factors Affect the User’s Intention to Continue Using the Smartwatch? The Mediating Role of Quality Perceptions
- Influence of Extrinsic and Intrinsic Attributes on Consumers’ Attitude and Intention of Using Wearable Technology
- Touchless Interfaces in the Operating Room: A Study in Gesture Preferences
- A Supporting Tool for Enhancing User’s Mental Model Elicitation and Decision-Making in User Experience Research
- A Relief from Mental Overload in a Digitalized World: How Context-Sensitive User Interfaces Can Enhance Cognitive Performance
- Exploring Users’ Behavioral Intention to Adopt Mobile Augmented Reality in Education through an Extended Technology Acceptance Model
- An Intelligent Shadow Play System With Multi-dimensional Interactive Perception
- Driver-Automated Vehicle Interaction in Mixed Traffic: Types of Interaction and Drivers’ Driving Styles
- Looking out or Looking Away?—Exploring the Impact of Driving With a Passenger on Young Drivers’ Eye Glance Behavior
- Attention to Changes on a Head-Worn Display: Two Preclinical Studies with Healthcare Scenarios
- Interplay of Perceptions of Aging, Care, and Technology Acceptance in Older Age
- The effect of motion sickness on presence and user experience for head-mounted virtual reality
- Know thy user, know thy tool: a population review and critique of current ergonomic analysis tools for the agricultural workforce
- Website complexity and usability: is there a role for mental workload?
- The Effect of Handrail Cross-Sectional Design and Age on the Speed and Quality of Reach-To-Grasp Reactions to Recover Balance
- Effects of Prior Experience on the User Experience of News Aggregation App’s Features—Evidence from a Behavioral Experiment
- Trust in AI and Its Role in the Acceptance of AI Technologies
- Navigating the Mobile Applications: The Influence of Interface Metaphor and Other Factors on Older Adults’ Navigation Behavior
- Harnessing the Visual Salience Effect With Augmented Reality to Enhance Relevant Information and to Impair Distracting Information
Vote for This Week's Human Factors Cast Story
If you'd like to vote for the topic of this week's podcast, you can cast your vote here:
Only one new story this week, so we're left with some fan favorites, and one new story.— Human Factors Cast (@HFactorsPodcast) April 22, 2022
Let's choose the news for April 21st!
Leave a quick vote here, retweet to let others know, and #leaveacomment on your favorite!
Stories in thread#humanfactors #psychology #design #technology