Human Factors Weekly News
Welcome to the Human Factors Cast Weekly News Roundup, a weekly roundup of all news related to Human Factors, Psychology, Design, and Technology as it relates to humans. These stories are selected as potential topics for Human Factors Cast's weekly podcast. Want this in your RSS/Feed reader? Grab our RSS Feed here.
Hey Folks! After a week off, we are back again and do we have some great news stories for you! There's a lot to digest here, and some real gems, so let's get into it.
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. Our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- Understanding sexual activity while driving as a form of distracted driving
- UX focuses on men’s experience: We need financial products built for women
- Gamification, past habits may impact future eco-friendly tendencies differently
- US Regulators no longer require fully autonomous vehicles to have human controls
- Man Credits Affair With AI Girlfriend For Saving His Marriage
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- Ukrainians Face Lasting Psychological Wounds from Russian Invasion
- Investigating thermal environment inside the kitchen of air-conditioned pantry car on Indian Railway using CFD
- The peak–end rule in evaluating product user experience: The chronological evaluation of past impressive episodes on overall satisfaction
- Localized customer experiences—on a global scale
- AI is helping treat healthcare as if it’s a supply chain problem
- Researchers Use Flat Lenses to Extend Viewing Distance for 3D Display
- A Text-Reading Robot with Heart