Human Factors Weekly News
Welcome to the Human Factors Cast Weekly News Roundup, a weekly roundup of all news related to Human Factors, Psychology, Design, and Technology as it relates to humans. These stories are selected as potential topics for Human Factors Cast'sweekly podcast. Want this in your RSS/Feed reader? Grab our RSS Feed here.
Our Top News Stories
These consist of news stories that we feel have enough substance to them to justify a 20-30 minute segment on the podcast. OurPatreonsdecide which topics we discuss on the show from these types of news stories.
- Airbus tests pilot assist that can automatically divert flights
- The tech industry still has a long way to go when it comes to accessibility
- Culture, cognition, and human-computer interaction
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that have a human factors application, but may just be a brief one-liner (e.g. not a whole lot to talk about but cool enough for us to share).
- Is ChatGPT a cybersecurity threat?
- U.S. Army Is Still Gung Ho on Microsoft's Combat Goggles Despite Funding Setback
- Clinical Trial Results Indicate Low Rate of Adverse Events Associated With Implanted Brain Computer Interface
- Sony’s video game controllers and the Disability Tax
- Unlocking the potential of AI tools with UX research
- Patient Safety and Human Factors Conference in Paediatrics
- Examining the Impact of 6G Telecommunications on Society
- The safer you feel, the less safely you might behave – but research suggests ways to counteract this tendency
- Implementing Human Factors in Anaesthesia
If you haven't already, join us on Discord or on any of our social media communities (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok) to continue the conversation about these, and many other topics!
Have a News Story You Would Like to Share?
Have something you would like to share with us? (Feedback or news) Let us know here!
- Photo by Niklas Jeromin:
- Photo by Anna Shvets
- Photo by RODNAE Productions