Human Factors News Monthly Roundup (December, 2022)
Welcome to the Human Factors Cast Monthly News Roundup, a monthly roundup of all news related to Human Factors, Psychology, Design, and Technology as it relates to humans. These stories have been talked about on Human Factors Cast's weekly podcast or have been identified in our weekly news roundups. Want this in your RSS/Feed reader? Grab our RSS Feed here.
Although the news cycle may have slowed down during the holiday season, we were still hard at work exploring the latest and greatest in the realm of artificial intelligence, mental health, and the Twitter drama. Looking ahead to 2023, we can't wait to see what trends and innovations the new year will bring. It's always exciting to see where the field of Human Factors will take us next, and we can't wait to see what the future holds. Happy New Year and here's to a bright and innovative 2023!
Consider joining us on Discord or on any of our social media communities (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to continue the conversation with the hosts, and an audience of worldwide Human Factors and UX professionals!
These consist of news stories that we have featured on our weekly podcast. If you are not familiar with the show, we let our Patreons decide which topics we discuss on the show each week from these types of news stories.
Every News Story from 2022
- We couldn't resist, we do this every year. Take a look back at some of the stories you may have missed last year!
- Podcast Link: 2022 Recap | Bonus Episode
Twitter UX nightmare: verification immolation
We Need to Change the System That Keeps Pilots from Seeking Mental Health Care
Human creators stand to benefit as AI rewrites the rules of content creation
Why is the user experience of ChatGPT so powerful?
Human Factors News
These consist of news stories that we have not covered on the show, but are still worthy of sharing!
Aerospace Systems / Aviation
- The Tech Is Finally Good Enough for an Airship Revival
- NASA Taps Collins Aerospace to Develop New Space Station Spacesuits
- National State of Patient Safety Report 2022
- Patient Safety Incidence Response Framework (PSIRF)
- Virtual Reality Helps Reduce Patient Anxiety and Need for Sedatives During Hand Surgery
Perception and Performance
Surface Transportation / Travel
- Shared Automated Vehicle Toolkit: Policies and Planning Considerations for Implementation
- Micromobility Policies, Permits, and Practices
Usability and System Evaluation
Have a News Story You Would Like to Share?
Have something you would like to share with us? (Feedback or news) Let us know here!